Wednesday, January 6, 2010

An introduction, of sorts

As a college student going abroad for the semester, I am pretty much obligated to make a travel blog (not that I have a very good track record for keeping up with blogs, but I suppose I should give it a valiant effort). As one might deduce from the title, I will be spending my spring in Japan. Kansai Gaidai University, to be precise. One might also deduce that I set my goals very high, but my determination will show all of you.

As I have previously stated, I am very bad at updating things like this regularly; I have never been able to keep a diary for more than three days, in fact. However, I will be doing a research project while in Japan (thrilling, to say the least), so I needed somewhere to keep track of my work, and also somewhere to vent my numerous (and quite witty) observations and thoughts. So, along with my research dates, I will probably be posting pictures, stories, and the like. To clarify, I don't plan on posting my actual research, I just needed something more than scraps of paper to keep track of when I do interviews. Hopefully, this blog will allow me to tag these posts accordingly, so I can sort through my thoughts more easily, and not bore anyone who bothers to read this.

So, if you are still reading and not completely offput by the mention of research (trust me, it will be more painful for me than you), enjoy any posts I actually make!

No comments:

Post a Comment